Find out more about cyber security and how you can build a secure workplace culture from Connect Yorkshire member Bobs Business
2018 was a big year for cyber security with more and more data breaches hitting headlines on a daily basis. Major companies including Facebook, British Airways, Marriott and Google were all left red faced from cyber incidents, and how can we forget…the all important introduction of the GDPR in May. But what does this all mean for the smaller businesses?
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport’s ‘Cyber Security Breaches Survey 2017’ reported that just under half (46%) of all businesses identified at least one cyber security breach or attack in the last 12 months, costing small businesses on average £3,100 as a result.
But what does cyber security really mean? Why does it matter? Who is actually responsible? What threats does it pose to your business?
Come along to our first workshop to learn how to tackle cyber threats and help build your organisation’s cyber resilience.
This workshop will help you to:
– Learn what cyber security threats your business faces
– Cut through the jargon associated around cyber security
– Discover useful tips on how to protect you and your business
– Learn what data protection means and how it affects you
– Get your employees on board with staying secure
– Create a secure workplace culture
There will be a Q&A session for you to ask any questions you have about cyber security.